Dear Club Solaris Guest,
According to the new CDC announcement, starting November 8, the U.S. Government will require anyone traveling into the United States to provide COVID-19-related documentation and contact tracing information.
For U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, and Immigrants:
If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status) before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
- Fully vaccinated: The viral test (antigen or PCR test) must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 24 hour before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Not fully vaccinated: The viral test (antigen or PCR test) must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 24 hour before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you do not show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
If you're not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, or an immigrant, your requirements for entry are different please contact your government embassy for further details.
To All Air Passengers Entering Canada
Exemptions for fully vaccinated travelers - If you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler you are:
- Required to show a pre-entry molecular test
- Required to use ArriveCAN
- Required to take an arrival test if selected
- Exempt from quarantine
- Exempt from Day-8 testing
All travelers are eligible to enter Canada if they qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler regardless of citizenship.
Canadians are always eligible to enter Canada but must complete testing requirements and mandatory quarantine if they do not qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler
A pre-entry molecular test is required for all travelers. A rapid antigen test will not be accepted.
Check if you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler to Canada, you must:
- Have received at least 2 doses of a Government of Canada-accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a mix of 2 accepted vaccines or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- Have received your second dose at least 14 full days before the day you enter Canada
- Upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
- Have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- Meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test result)
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
If you do not qualify for the fully vaccinated traveler exemption, you may still be able to enter Canada.
Find out if you can enter Canada
You will also need to fill this form and give it to your airline
Upon further review Aeromexico airlines, is no longer validating the tests made at our resorts to travel abroad, we would like to recommend you to take them outside at a Farmacias del Ahorro or Salud Digna labs, this new measurement is outside of The Solaris Resorts and we can´t provide a refund.
To ensure compliance with this new requirement, we inform you of the measures that Club Solaris has included in its All Care Inclusive Protocols in order to help all Guests to plan their stay safe and secure.
1. Upon check-in, the Member or guest must request an appointment with the medical services desk inside the hotel, to schedule the day and time for the test.
Sampling in Cabo: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm | Saturdays 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
2. COVID-19 ANTIGEN FIA TEST, accepted by the CDC will be administered on our resorts at no cost to guests traveling to USA, up to 2 persons per room per stay (5 nights minimum stay). Upon check-in, the guests must request an appointment with the medical services desk inside the hotel, to schedule the date and time for the test.
3. Four nights stay or less and/or additional test has an extra cost in Cancun of $10usd each, and in Cabo $15usd each.
4. All Antigen Tests will carried out by a specialized medical service and certified by the competent authorities for its correct application and safety, results can be ready in less than 24 hours
5. In the case of those guests who request a PCR test, it can be provided at an additional cost of $110 USD in Cancun and $95 USD in Cabo. Since this service is performed through an external provider within our facilities, you must pay cash in dollars or pesos. Credit or debit cards are not accepted to pay for this test.
It will be carried out by taking oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal samples, which are processed following nationally and internationally approved methodologies. The test will be performed with trained personnel using approved reagents and real-time PCR equipment.
6. Upon further review Aeromexico airlines, is no longer validating the tests made at our resorts to travel abroad, we would recommend you to take them outside at a Farmacias del Ahorro or Salud Digna labs, this new measurement is outside of The Solaris Resorts and can´t provide a refund, as they were not charged to you in the first place.
If anyguest is found to be in a positive case that prevents their departure, Club Solaris will apply protocols to take care of the guest:
There will be concierge service available to assist the guest to change flights if applicable and depending of the airline policy for changes and reservations. The hotel will inform the family continually about the health condition of the guest.
a) Cancun: In the event, a guest receives a positive test while on the property, they must stay for 14 days in a different hotel, assigned and paid for by Club Solaris, including one-way transportation, accommodation and breakfast. The member will cover other meals at a special agreed rate of $30.00 a day per person, taxes included, plus transportation to the airport.Payment must be made directly at the hotel. Unused nights at Club Solaris property will not be refunded.
b) Cabos: If a Member receives a positive test while on the property, he must remain at the destination. Club Solaris will support our guests with a 10-day stay in a different hotel and transfer to the assigned hotel. The guest will cover food and drinks and will have a 20% discount. Payment will be made directly at the hotel. Payment must be made directly at the hotel. Unused nights at Club Solaris property will
not be refunded.
A concierge service will be available to help the guest change flights according to the airline's policy for changes and reservations. The hotel will continuously inform the family about the guest's state of health.
If the guest decides to choose a property not assigned by Club Solaris or wants to rent a vacation home to pass the quarantine, we will gladly assist to book that type of accommodation and the guest will cover the costs of the stay. In this case a certificate will be issued to the guest for the unused nights of their stay.
At Club Solaris, your safety and well-being are our highest priority.
We encourage you to visit http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0112-negative-covid-19-air-passengers.html for complete details